Advanced Diploma in Business Management
Programme Focus: Business leadership development, focussing on strategies for business operations, product and services development and placement, and optimal pricing practices.
About the Advanced Diploma
The Advanced Diploma in Business Management (ADBM) is a rigorous programme that fosters innovative business thinking. Students learn practical 21st-century business knowledge to thrive in a globally competitive marketplace that drives the bottom line. The ADBM programme hones critical thinking capacities and fosters ethical business leadership, emphasising real-world applications.
Students learn how to attract and develop talented teams, design and optimise operations, achieve cost leadership, deliver high-quality products and services, and master digital and content marketing. Management accounting combines sound budgeting practices with pricing and inventory strategies to maximise profitability and establish a solid market position.
Advanced Diploma in Business Management Structure
Why study the Advanced Diploma
The Advanced Diploma in Business Management is ideal for middle to top managers in any business function, specifically operations, marketing, or financial management, on a pathway to executive or advanced leadership positions.
The Advanced Diploma in Business Management prepares students to apply acquired business acumen across a broad range of industries. Each path offers its own set of challenges and rewards, promising a dynamic and fulfilling career.
- Business Analyst: A Business Analyst is instrumental in deciphering business needs, identifying opportunities for improvement, and designing solutions to increase a business’s overall efficiency and profitability.
- Operations Manager: An Operations Manager oversees the production of goods and services, ensuring efficient business operations and consistent product quality while striving to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Manager: A Logistics and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations, including procurement, storage, distribution, and supply chain processes to ensure smooth and cost-effective flow of goods.
- Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager plans and implements strategic marketing plans, balancing customer needs with business goals to promote products or services and drive market growth.
- Compliance Officer: A Compliance Officer ensures that a business adheres to legal standards and in-house policies, playing a crucial role in preventing unethical, illegal, or improper conduct in the organisation.
- Management Consultant: A Management Consultant provides expert advice and recommendations to businesses seeking to improve their performance and efficiency by solving operational problems, creating value, and maximising growth.
- Public Relations Officer: A Public Relations Officer leverages media and community relationships to create and maintain a positive public image for the organisation while also managing communication between the company and its stakeholders.
Further study options
The programme provides entry-level vocational or professional preparation or specialisation studies for bachelor’s degree graduates. Additionally, this programme provides an articulation route for students who completed a Diploma in Business Management at NQF level 6 or in a similar field. This programme is designed to align with various other NQF level 6 Business Diploma qualifications to enable effortless progression into an area of specialisation in business management.
- Advanced Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management*
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management*
- Postgraduate Diploma: Business Administration*
- Bachelor of Business Administration Honours*
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Business Management*
*Programmes not offered at BMT College
Mode of delivery
BMT College is an open distance education provider which allows you the flexibility to study anywhere, anytime, whilst also attending to your other responsibilities.
Our perfectly structured online learning mode of delivery lets you stay in close contact with your lecturer and fellow students.
Moreover, our state-of-the-art Virtual Campus will never let you feel isolated and out of touch with fellow students.
- An appropriate three-year Diploma (NQF 6, 360 credits), in a related field.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- 6 Formative Assignments (one after each module)
- 6 Summative Assignments (one after each module)
- 1 Research Project
The Advanced Diploma in Business Management consists of seven subjects that are made up of six modules and a research project. All subjects must be completed within the prescribed period to achieve the qualification.
The module in strategic management investigates and integrates the art of formulating, implementing, and evaluating cross-functional decisions that enable an organisation to achieve strategic objectives. This module will teach you how to apply sound strategic management principles to adapt to change and gain a competitive advantage by formulating, crafting and implementing appropriate strategies.
This strategic human resource management module examines the human resource environment, and processes managers use to create and shape the human resource strategy. The purpose of this module is to enhance your understanding of the components that impact the competitiveness of organisations, which ultimately affect their survival and growth strategies.
Operations management is a core function in successfully delivering an organisation’s strategic objectives and closely relates to other core functions and support services. Operations management determines how a product or service is firstly created and, secondly, delivered. The objectives of operations management in obtaining a competitive advantage or achieving the organisation’s strategic goals include quality, speed, dependability, flexibility, and cost of designing or delivering a product or service.
The fourth module in the Advanced Diploma in Business Management focuses on business ethics and social responsibility. We explore business ethics as a subset of ethics focusing on decisions between right and wrong in the business environment. You will learn how responsibility can be seen as an ethical value. The module examines several popular beliefs that advocate a strict division between business and ethics.
The module in marketing management investigates and integrates various marketing and strategic business concepts. This module aims to teach students how to use relevant marketing information to identify and develop an appropriate marketing strategy that aligns with the business strategy to create a competitive advantage by applying calculated pricing and promotions strategies.
The focus of this module is to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for the role of management accounting as it integrates into management’s planning, organising, leading and controlling functions. This module begins with a theoretical background in management accounting regarding its function. You will also learn how to collect relevant data and measure, analyse, interpret, report and communicate financial information effectively.
The final subject of the Advanced Diploma consists of the Research Methodology module and an exciting research project where students have a choice of contemporary business management topics to investigate. You will learn how to gather data and information from various sources and put the information together in a logical argument to answer a specific research question. At the end of the project, students will be able to draw conclusions and provide limitations and recommendations by adding their theoretically sound and supported opinions ethically and responsibly.
Advanced Diploma Payment Plans
Advanced Diploma in HR Management
Programme focus: Strategic design, development and management of human resources.
Diploma in Business Management
Programme focus: Business administration design and practices. Business management functions, and principles for managing teams and business units.
Diploma in Human Resource Management
Programme focus: General business and human resource administration and practices. Human resource planning, development and management principles and practices.