Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management
Programme focus: Strategic design, development and management of human resources.
About the Advanced Diploma
The Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management sets itself apart by focusing on developing strategic human resource leadership qualities and practical expertise. The advanced programme incorporates the South African HR competency model and SHRM guidelines to equip students with extended human resource management knowledge, principles, and skills that facilitate continuous professional development.
Students develop critical evaluation skills through this advanced programme while applying human resource methodology, principles, and theories. This empowers them to coordinate and contribute to the management and strategic development of core human resource functions in line with top industry practices and quality standards.
The objective of the programme is to develop HR leaders that can add value to their organisations by functioning as:
- Employee advocates;
- Human capital developers;
- Strategic partners by being business experts, change agents and knowledge managers; and
- Being functional experts who can apply a thorough focus on critical business issues to achieve organisational objectives.
Empower your human resource expertise and become a leader in the field with the BMT College Advanced Diploma.
Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Structure
Why study the Advanced Diploma
The Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management is ideal for middle to top managers in human resources or other business functions on a pathway to executive leadership.
Further study options
Students will have access to related post-graduate studies after successfully completing the Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management. For example:
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management, NQF Level 7
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management, NQF Level 8*
- Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Relations Management, NQF Level 8*
- Post Graduate Diploma in Organisational Development, NQF Level 8*
- BCOM Honours in Human Resource Management, NQF Level 8*
- BCOM Honours in Industrial and Organisational Psychology, NQF Level 8*
- BCOM Honours in Business Management, NQF Level 8*
*Available for further study at other private and public institutions.
- An HR Manager oversees and directs the human resource operations of an organisation, including recruitment, training, employee relations, and the implementation of HR policies to foster a positive work environment and ensure the achievement of organisational goals.
- An HR Analyst utilises data-driven insights to improve and optimise HR functions, such as talent acquisition, workforce planning, compensation and benefits, and employee engagement, thereby driving organisational success.
- An HR Career Advisor guides and supports individuals in their career development within the organisation, offering expert advice on training, development opportunities, and career progression to ensure alignment with personal goals and organisational objectives.
- An HR Generalist is a professional who manages a diverse range of HR functions such as recruitment, training, employee relations, and benefits administration, serving as the pivotal point of contact for all employee-related matters within an organisation.
- An HR Specialist is a dedicated professional who concentrates on a specific area of human resources, such as recruitment, learning and development, or employee relations, to provide expert knowledge and guidance in line with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- A Labour Consultant is a specialist who advises organisations on labour relations, ensuring compliance with employment laws, mediating labour disputes, and implementing strategies to foster harmonious employer-employee relationships.
Mode of Delivery
BMT College is an open distance education provider which allows you the flexibility to study anywhere, anytime, whilst also attending to your other responsibilities.
Our perfectly structured online learning mode of delivery lets you stay in close contact with your lecturer and fellow students.
Moreover, our state-of-the-art Virtual Campus will never let you feel isolated and out of touch with fellow students.
- An appropriate three-year Diploma (NQF 6, 360 credits), in a related field.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- 6 Formative Assignments (one after each module)
- 6 Summative Assignments (one after each module)
- 1 Research Project
This module delves into acquisition and preparation strategies for human resources, with a focus on improving employee retention rates. It covers the human resource recruitment process, from both internal and external sources, as well as standards for selection methods. Additionally, the module explores employee wellness and safety practices, emphasising health, self-development, and growth to foster a positive organisational culture. By examining the challenges and consequences of employee wellness in an unhealthy environment, this module provides students with an advanced understanding of the importance of employee health and safety practices in supporting organisational goals and objectives. Through this module, students gain a deeper appreciation for the significance of employee well-being.
In this module, we will explore the human resource environment and the processes managers use to develop their human resource strategy. Our goal is to deepen your understanding of the components that affect an organisation’s competitiveness, which in turn affects their survival and growth strategy. We will cover the responsibilities of HR departments, and what managers expect from them, including how HR can support the overall business strategy. We will also dive into the importance of Strategic Human Resource Planning (SHRP), and the methods and metrics used to link strategic planning with human resources.
The goal of this module is to give students a comprehensive understanding of how the macro and micro environments affects the parties involved in the labor relations system. This is especially important in a country that is undergoing political and economic change, like South Africa. Students will delve into the connections between environmental factors, such as financial, political, and social factors, and how they affect labor relations. Additionally, this module will provide students with a deeper understanding of labor relations, the dynamics of social dialogue at all levels, and any challenges that may arise from these interactions.
The fourth module in the Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management focuses on business ethics and social responsibility. We explore business ethics as a subset of ethics focusing on decisions between right and wrong in the business environment. You will learn how responsibility can be seen as an ethical value. The module examines several popular beliefs that advocate a strict division between business and ethics.
This module offers a comprehensive framework for leadership within the value chain, equipping students with an advanced grasp of the challenges, demands, and prerequisites of effective stakeholder engagement. By delving into leadership requirements across generations and cultures, this module aims to enrich students’ understanding of the multifaceted nature of leadership.
This module explores various aspects of performance management. It investigates the significant challenges associated with performance management, including challenges and opportunities in performance appraisals. The module also covers various methods for appraising performance and discusses common rater errors and their implications. Additionally, the importance of HR development as a critical factor in meeting strategic, business, and operational goals is highlighted. Students will also learn the value of a systems approach to training and development. The module delves into management development and the HR development strategy of South Africa. The module also covers strategies for retaining employees, which includes the management of compensation and benefits.
The final subject of the Advanced Diploma consists of the Research Methodology module and an exciting research project where students have a choice of contemporary business management topics to investigate. You will learn how to gather data and information from various sources and put the information together in a logical argument to answer a specific research question. At the end of the project, students will be able to draw conclusions and provide limitations and recommendations by adding their theoretically sound and supported opinions ethically and responsibly.
Advanced Diploma Payment Plans
Advanced Diploma in Business Management
The Advanced Diploma in Business Management is ideal for middle to top managers in any business function, specifically operations, marketing, or financial management, on a pathway to executive or advanced leadership positions.
Diploma in Human Resource Management
The Diploma in Human Resource Management is ideal for aspiring human resource leaders to advance their careers to middle or top management. The programme is also perfect for human resource administrators, practitioners or persons who wish to enter the exciting field of human resource management.